What is OWP doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
At Omni Wound Physicians, the health and well-being of our patients, associates and employees is of utmost importance to us. We have been monitoring COVID-19 developments closely through local authorities, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization. As the situation continues to evolve, we are keenly focused on our preparedness efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, maintain a safe work environment for our healthcare staff and providers and to sustain our business operations.
Wound care is ESSENTIAL not ELECTIVE
The company has been deemed an essential service by the Association for Advancement of Wound Care (AAWC) and Alliance of Wound Care Stakeholders. Our employees, including all health care and administrative staff, are permitted to travel when necessary to fulfill their job responsibilities to our communities and patients. Wound Care is an essential – not elective – service that prevents hospital admission and Emergency Department visits among a fragile cohort of patients at high-risk of COVID-19. All employees of Omni Wound Physicians are mandated to strictly follow CDC Guidelines, CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) Guidelines and company policies to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
OWP Company Policies
- All OWP employees both administrative and field staff are required to get their temperatures taken and fill out a selfscreening questionnaire before they start their workday.
- All OWP employees that are involved in direct patient care are mandated to get tested for COVID-19 1-2 times a week or as recommended by CDC or DHS.
- All providers and field staff are equipped with all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect themselves and their patients.
- OWP have implemented strict guidelines for COVID-19 Employee Notification Procedures to avoid workplace exposure and outbreak.
- OWP has been providing necessary information and best practices to all our health care staff and providers to prevent the spread of any illness.
- Social distancing is mandated to ensure the safety of our employees except when health care providers are assessing and treating patients while practicing universal precautions.
Your Partner in Advanced Wound Care
As your dedicated partner in advanced wound care, we understand the importance of our ability to continue to support our patients amidst this global health event. We at Omni Wound Physicians, are committed to keeping our operations running smoothly so that we can provide you with the best possible service.